POSITION: MEDIA ENGINEER
Location: US, Burbank
Summary of Position:
Testronic is seeking a Media Engineer to navigate the ever-changing world of file-based QC. The ideal candidate is forward-thinking and at the edge of the digital frontier, ensures our QC and edit bays are operational and calibrated to the latest technologies, and challenges us to grow and advance across platforms of media, entertainment, and technology. We’re building a talented and capable team of technicians; we’re ready for you to push us further.
Designs a versatile, progressive, file-based QC workflow that keeps Testronic at the forefront of innovation. We’re offering the opportunity to build and develop our QC environment; in return we expect that you manage and execute that environment for optimum workflow.
Understands codecs, frame rates, metadata, bit rates, data rates, resolutions, and various file and data structure. Interaction with storage and ingest expectations of 8K, 4K, DCP, HD, SDI, quad converters, NAS, SAN and other file storage systems. Interaction with file transfer protocols and software; Aspera, Signiant, hot folders, operating under high security standards. Grasp the needs of various departments within Testronic, understanding they will all depend on your systems.
Will integrate hardware and software in complex settings to achieve clear results and fluid access to AV content or metadata. Offers insight to new and emerging technologies as they pertain to the team, often with agile navigation through fluctuating budgets, able to offer scalable solutions. Will act as a liaison between facility and vendors/potential vendors in improving the facility.
Qualifications/ Desired Skills
- College/Technical degree
- 3-5 years working in post-production workflow with primary duties in media systems engineering
- Experience with 8K/ 4K/ HDR/ HFR/ UHD file systems
- Can read CAD generated prints and complex channels/ maps
- Comfortable designing QC and editing environments
- Experience with automated workflows
- Creative-problem-solver. Results-driven investigator. Sees “R+D” as an opportunity. Enjoys troubleshooting
- Ability to perform under pressure with team under strict deadlines
- The ability to lift 50-60 lbs., climb, crawl, and raise items overhead
- Self-starter, motivated, can operate with little or no supervision
- Linux/ Mac/ PC versatile, MS Office
- Familiarity with IMF, SMPTE standards
- Programming/ Coding/ Scripting experience
- Experience troubleshooting Jupiter Symetrix, Aurora Lynx, or Blackmagic Design hardware/ software